Sunday, September 18, 2011

What Gets Me Through

Some days beading can be a bit stressful. Sometimes you need a little help.
The one item I have seriously underestimated is Thread Heaven. Ahhhh.....

Thread Heaven
What is this? Well, for beaders its a lifesaver. When you are beading and passing the same piece of thread through tiny holes over and over again it can cause some problems. Knots, fraying, KNOTS, sometimes really big ones. It is sometimes unavoidable. And I never really appreciated it until yesterday. I recently started making more pieces using beading thread. My partner is usually responsible for most of the intricate woven bead work on our site. I never understood how he could have so much patience with all those tiny beads. Now I know. All you do is pass your string over the little block of thread heaven and it coats your string with a waxy conditioner. It protects your string and makes it less likely to tangle or fray. Its literally heaven. What else gets me through?



Foo Fighters, Wasting Light.
Cant get enough of it. For me working without music is like trying to drive a car without gas. Its not gonna work. I think it might be the fact that I can put this on and not skip any tracks. Its a solid cd. Those are hard to come by these days. Maybe it sounds so good because its not digital. It was recorded in Dave Grohl's garage. 
All I know is that last night after a stressful session with a tangled piece of string. Thread Heaven and Foo Fighters saved the day.
Its the little things in life that make me happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment